I haven’t posted in awhile, so I’m delighted to be sharing my thoughts on this gem of a book.
A forest looms over Bardun Village. Nobody goes in. Nothing comes out. The secrets in the oaks remain hidden until a mischievous escapade thrusts Martin and Elodie behind the silent trees. Separated and lost in a tangle of fantasy, they discover more than animals roam where the woods grow wild.
Where the Woods Grow Wild Review
I don’t read much Fantasy; and it takes a lot for me to like anything in the Fantasy genre. ( I realize that a bunch of people love Fantasy and that’s wonderful! I just have found few I truly enjoy.)
I can easily say Where the Woods Grow Wild is a new favorite ! I shall name a few reasons why :
• No Useless Background Information : I didn’t get bogged down with all the background of relationships and history. Instead, Nate Philbrick, did a wonderful job of showing the characters connections through their actions / feelings.
• Bramble is the cutest mischief maker! I want him as a friend even with his trouble making ways.
• The World Building: What perfection. Just enough detail to get my imagination going. I found myself perfectly seeing everything , without being overwhelmed by details.
• Strong Female Characters : The females were strong and independent without being masculine ( as sometimes happens). Honestly, all the characters were well written .Each had a distinguishable voice! I really enjoyed all the different character strengths and quirks:)
• The Dialogue : while being witty was still realistic. The characters conversations never felt forced and had a natural flow to them . Also I laughed out loud at some of Illo and Martins exchanges.
• The plot was simple ,but still intriguing . I wasn’t left running circles in my mind, I knew what was going on.
Over all it was a lighthearted read that I enjoyed immensely ! I would recommend it to anyone looking for a sweet , quick and fun read.
Forever & Always ,
Let’s chat! Do you like Fantasy? Any recommendations ?