- The adventure is set at a steady pace and continues till the very last page.
- It handled the topic of abuse in a good way,( this topic can be very triggering , so I wouldn’t recommend the book to just anyone)
- I did not see the plot twist coming, in hindsight I probably should have but I didn’t.
- All the characters were well written , though my favorites were Noah and Jake.
- Noah is a wonderful character. His backstory and special abilities are unique and interesting. I loved reading about a gentle man who really cared about the work he was doing . He couldn’t be bought or forced into doing the wrong thing, which was refreshing.
- It has diversity. One character is mentally challenged, there is multiple ethnicities.
- While being a Christian read, it doesn’t shy away from the question of why God allows pain.
- It has humor in it, despite handling such a serious topic.
I have to share a couple of my favorite quotes from this book. I rarely laugh out loud at books, but The Watchman accomplished just that.
“The day we met must have been my lucky day Adams. I can’t imagine what I did to God to deserve you.” Jake really loved me. He just liked to complain.”
“You never cease to amaze me with your perceptive grasp of the obvious.”
“I like what you’ve done with the place. Is boring your style of choice or is this an accident?”
The Watchman by V.B. Tenery was a refreshing and unique read , I enjoyed every page. Thank you to Netgalley for the review copy!
Forever & Always,
Let’s chat! Have you read any books recently that handled a hard subject well? Do you like books with continually action? Do you like good, bad, or morally gray Main Characters?