I’m linking up with Top Ten Tuesday . I instantly loved this prompt ( which is actually top ten things that will make me instantly want to read a book) because it’s going to yield such diverse results. Feel free to join in and use this on your own blog , just use the link above.
Onto my top ten things that will make me read a book or otherwise capture my bookish affections
- Historical Fiction : I am such a sucker for HF especially if it has to do with the Revolutionary War or the gold rush. Plus my favorite trope is girls disguised as boys/soldiers, I love the thrill of it and some of the hilarious outcomes.
- Pirates : I’m pretty sure my siblings and I would have made a perfect pirate crew, the debatable part is who would be in charge ( just kidding it would most definitely be me , because I’m better at giving orders than taking them ) I need more pirate books in my life. So if you have any recommendations leave a comment.
- If it’s a Diary/ Journal : this obsession probably began with the Dear America books and then escalated with books like The Diary of Anne Frank. I think it’s a cool way to tell a story .
- Less Romance More Action : Action movies are my favorite thing of ever, so naturally that is also a must have in books. I read hardly any romance growing up and now even as an adult I’m not a fan , less kissing more things blowing up.
- Books by my Favorite Authors: If I read a book by an author and love it, I’m gonna give their other books a try. While this sometimes ends in disaster I’m more often in love with their other books too.
- Happy Endings : Ok so I know that this is a negative for some people because “that’s not how the real world works”. I’ve said it before and I’ll mention it again that I don’t necessarily read books for realism. It’s just that their is so much negative in the world that I enjoy reading something where it works out how it’s suppose to. My Mama says I have an idealistic view on how the world should work, and I’ve been that way since I was little. So give me unrealistic happy endings and leave me to my own devices.
- Spies, Heists and over all Thievery: Does anyone else question their moral compass after reading a really good book on thieves? That just me? Ok but seriously I love the planning and logistics behind a good heist! Plus you ever notice how awesome the groups are in these types of books?
- Sarcasm and Witty Dialogue: I love sarcasm! It’s one of my favorite traits in people and characters. Sarcasm always leads to witty dialogue between characters, which is a win because who doesn’t love to laugh.
- Good vs. Evil : While I love morally gray characters because they tend to have more depth, I still love the overall theme of Good vs. Evil.
- Classics : I’m a fan of classics, I have a collection of them ( some I have read, some I haven’t yet).
I should probably question where I’m headed in life what with loving books about thieves and siblings who could be pirates but alas I am not. Mostly because I’ll just be in my room reading if you ever come looking for me.
Forever & Always,
What are some things that will make you pick up a book? What’s your favorite classic? Do you ever want to quit life and become a pirate?