To clarify on the post title, I wouldn’t actually sell my siblings……well two of them I would (which still leaves me two and I feel good about that) if you know the opportunity presented itself….just kidding Mom I wouldn’t sell your other children (unless you want half the profits…..we can talk it out).
So I’m actually naming 10 books I’m dying to read , which is a link-up with Top Ten Tuesday , not this weeks because I don’t do what I’m told……I’m sure the afore mentioned mom would agree.
- Unhooked by Lisa Maxwell : A Peter Pan retelling that focuses on Good vs. Evil, ummm yes please!! Also I love anything with Pirates so I can’t wait to read this books version of Captain Hook.
2. Bone Gap by Laura Ruby: I have heard such good things about this book and I want to read it this very instant. My best friend (who happens to be one of the siblings I refuse to sell) and I have very different tastes in books, it’s not often that we both want to read the same thing and Bone Gap is one we both are excited for.
3. Uprooted By Naomi Novik : A Fantasy, fairy-tale book about magic and a wizard who is known as “The Dragon” , I need it.
4. Reckless -The Petrified Flesh By Cornelia Funke: First off I loved Cornelia’s Inkheart series, though it had it’s issues I am still a big fan, so I’m excited to read the Reckless series. Second – Pretty covers !!!!
5. Dare (The Blades of Acktar) By Tricia Mingerink : I heard about these books from a girl who was listing books that both her and her husband liked (I wish I remembered her blog, but my memory is horrible ). I read the Chiveis Trilogy off the list and loved it, so I am interested in giving this series a go.
6. The Lies Of Locke Lamora By Scott Lynch : An orphan who makes a life as a thief / con artist, yes please a thousand times over. My only worry is I have heard there is quite a bit of swearing in it……but most people seem to love the story besides that.
7. Fairest of All – A tale of the wicked Queen : I’m a fan of retellings and have read quite a few (mostly Robin Hood), so I think reading one from the villain’s POV would be awesome. The concept reminds me of the tv show “Once Upon A Time”, where all the characters and their stories aren’t what you always expect.
8. Meddling Kids By Edgar Cantero : A Scooby- Doo retelling!!!!!!!! ALL THE EXCITEMENT ( am I right, of course I am). Seriously I have never met anyone that didn’t like The Mystery Gang (except a sister I will give in exchange for this book). It sounds awesome and takes place when the meddling kids are grown up and dealing with their past. Again ALL THE EXCITEMENT!!
9. The Silent Songbird By Melanie Dickerson: I haven’t read a Melanie Dickerson book yet that I didn’t like, while some of her books have better built and more relatable characters, all her books are still good. This is suppose to be a Little Mermaid retelling and I’ve never read one of those.
10. Hittite Warrior By Joanne Williamson: This book has been on my wish list for years. I love History and anytime it’s Biblical history I really want to read it.
So those are the 10 books I’m dying to read. I noticed a lot of them are retellings, but that is pretty much normal for me.
I have some awesome news as well. I will be writing one of my books on Wattpad. I am going to try and have the first chapter up this Friday and then continue to post every Friday. The link to my Wattpad Account so stop by and check it out on Friday if you like. It’s about two brothers who happen to not only be opposites but also Princes . They are both currently engaged and neither is particularly happy about it , but it’s a chance to unify three Countries. However certain events bring them closer to war and a not so happily ever after , then either brother anticipated.
Forever & Always,
Talk to me. Have you read any of these books? See any that you want to read now and would consider selling a sibling for? If you have a Wattpad account link it in the comments and I’ll check it out.