So Beautiful People is a monthly meme that is usually about authors characters but for July it was about US. You can check out more HERE.
As with just about everything in my life I thought why not wait and do this on the last day of the month. Haha just kidding…..sorta….I had a busy schedule and just didn’t get to it till now. Without further delay the questions.
- How do you decide which project to work on? I usually think on an idea for awhile and brain storm plot. If the idea gets a pinterest board then it is more likely that I will actually attempt writing it one day. Recently I chose two projects for two different reasons. The first project was because I have been thinking of the story forever. The other was one I daydreamed about writing but never thought I actually would, and I decided to give it a go. It depends on my mood and what I want to write or my goals.
- How long does it usually take you to finish a project? I have never finished a book idea, but for shorter stories it usually takes me a couple of days to make it how I want it (this includes editing and rewrites).
- Do you have any routines to put you in the writing mood? I like writing short stories and reading books with the same background as my idea. Then when I actually sit down to write I put on soundtracks for background noise (and to cancel out the noise from the rest of the house).
- What time of day do you write best? I only ever write in the evening / night. My mornings are always busy, so I have never tried writing then. However I might give it a try this weekend and see if I’m happier with my writing.
- Are there any authors you think you have a similar style to? ahahaha probably not…..I think I would have to finish my books before I could really answer that.
- Why did you start writing? And why do you keep writing? I was homeschooled and one of the things my Mama made us do was “daily journaling” which wasn’t a journal it was just an assignment to write something everyday. I remember writing a 2 (or maybe 3) part story and really loving the feeling of deciding how everything was going to work out. I think that was probably the first time in my life I actually considered writing seriously (I was probably around 12). I keep writing now because I feel everyone has a different voice and a unique outlook on life, and those shine through my writing. Plus it’s something I can do to express myself and fictional worlds are better because hello I’m in charge lol just kidding.
- What’s the hardest thing you’ve written? Probably a book( about 4 siblings living on a farm) that has been on my brain for years and I just play it like a movie when I’m bored…..so now it’s harder to write it down in a cohesive order of events.
- Is there a project you want to tackle someday but you don’t feel ready yet? Yes! I have this extensive book plot with all the characters and a rough outline sitting in a drawer. It’s a spy/ action book; I just love the idea so much that I want to do it right. I feel like I would be more prepared for this idea if I wrote and rewrote a different book first.
- What writing goals did you make for 2017 and how are they going? In January I wanted to finish a book by March and edit it in July. Let’s all take a moment of silence for a goal not accomplished……moving on. I am currently working on two books and my new goal is to finish at least one by December (hopefully both) and start editing.
- Describe your writing process in 3 words or a gif! Three words : quiet, determined, and slow (or at least slower than I would like).
Let’s chat. Do you listen to music as you write? Have you finished writing something that your really proud of? How would you describe your writing process?