The lovely picture above was taken by my bestie ( you can find her HERE).
All of these books had a major impact on my life at some point. To be honest quite a few of them came to me when I needed them most, like any good book should. While I find each of them inspirational and they helped me in diverse ways.
1.Shaken by Tim Tebow – I did a full review here, but in short this book is just amazing. I got it for Christmas last year and it could not have come at a better time. It is so encouraging and really shows how living out your faith looks.
2. One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp – I read this book many years ago but it is really just about being thankful for the little things in life . It also got me into the practice of being grateful and writing down blessings I found each day, and some days that’s hard. The goal is to turn our focus from the negative and show our gratitude towards God for all the things he does provide.
3. The Dream Giver By Bruce Wilkinson- This is a beautiful book told in an analogy. I loved it so much, and it’s such a good reminder that God gives us our dreams and he will help us accomplish them.
4. Preparing to be a Help Meet by Debi Pearl – This is a great book for young women who strive to be a good, godly, wife one day and it would make the perfect gift for a bride-to-be. This book is actually on my reread list for this year. I do remember that it had statistics and information from guys POV, along with just practical advise on relationships.
5. Cross Roads By W.M Paul Young – This book is so amazing!! While I haven’t read the authors more famous book “The Shack” , I can tell you that this one is so very good and should be on everyone’s TBR list.
6. Unafraid By Susie Davis – If you suffer from fear or on going anxiety I can tell you this book is such an encouragement. The author walks you through her very real struggles that’s started as a child, and shows how overcoming fear / anxiety is not an easy thing but it is possible.
7. Before you meet Prince Charming by Sarah Mally – I especially recommend this book for teenage girls who are just starting to seriously notice boys. I remember a friend and I reading this when we were young and discussing how we related to the daydreaming aspect of waiting on our prince charming’s. It really try’s to inspire girls to focus on the here and now, and to become the best version of themselves before they worry about boys.
8. My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers – This is a classic ,and there is a reason for that. So many of these daily devotions hit on whatever subject I needed most. I have read it multiple times and each time I use a different highlighter to see what means something to me each time.
9. Kisses From Katie By Katie Davis – This girls story is so unique and amazing. Katie went to Uganda on a missions trip before college, but her life changed very quickly. Now Katie is the mother of 14 girls she adopted over in Uganda. I love this story because it just shows how God has His own plans for our life if we are willing to follow his lead.
10. Raising Maidens of Virtue by Stacy McDonald – This is a study book for mothers and daughters to read together. I however read it on my own and then discussed it with my mom as I went. I think I love this book because of its focus on being feminine and modest. It also has lists in the back for other Christian books, and modest clothing sites.
So those are some of my most recommended Christian books. Let me know in the comments if you have read any of the books above? What are some Christian books you recommend?
Forever & Always,